- Do you offer the full continuum of health care?Yes. As a continuing care community, in addition to beautiful independent living residences, Shannondell residents enjoy access to two residential centers focused on the delivery of comprehensive short- and long-term care, including daily living assistance (such as assisted living or personal care), memory care, skilled nursing care and rehab services. Both centers offer all private rooms and suites with private bathrooms, spacious living areas, restaurant-style dining and planned activities.
- Are these higher levels of care located within the community?Yes. Both The Meadows at Shannondell (personal care and memory care) and Rehab at Shannondell (skilled nursing and rehab services) are conveniently located within the gated Shannondell at Valley Forge community. While either is only a short walk from our clubhouses and independent living residences, our campus shuttle service provides the easiest access to both facilities.
- Do you have physicians and nurses on staff?Yes. Shannondell offers a Main Line Health practice and Einstein Healthcare Network practice, one in each clubhouse. Both physician practices offer board certified physicians and licensed staff specializing in the health care needs of senior adults. This includes internal and geriatric medicine in addition to other medical specialties and a comprehensive range of health services.
- Do I pay for health services as part of my monthly fee, even when I’m not using them?As a fee-for-service community, you never pay upfront or over time for care you may not utilize. At Shannondell, you only pay for the care you need when you actually use it – the preferred choice for the vast majority of senior adults considering retirement communities.
- If I need long-term care, do I have to leave my Shannondell residence in order to receive health services?No. Shannondell residents enjoy the option of receiving care at either The Meadows or Rehab at Shannondell as described above…or, they’re welcome to bring private home care into their apartment home, allowing family members to age in place.* Suffice to say, residents genuinely appreciate having the choice.
We hope the above is helpful as you research and compare senior living communities. Know, though, that health care is but one amenity to consider. For answers to your specific questions, including information about Shannondell, call 610.728.5211 or email us at email@example.com.
* Private home health care is allowed as long as it’s deemed safe for residents and the community.