Responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated: May 19, 2020
In responding to this unprecedented global outbreak, we’re closely following recommendations from the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) which, as has been reported in the media, have been changing frequently as the virus spreads in the U.S. Our first priority is the safety of our residents and employees. As such, we have implemented a number of new protocols to safeguard our community. These include: (new protocols are bolded)
- Masks must be worn in all public spaces
- All meals are being delivered to residents’ homes
- Shannondell residents are being asked to minimize family and friends’ visits to those deemed absolutely necessary (e.g., grocery and pharmacy delivery)
- All resident group activities at Shannondell have been postponed indefinitely.
- Intensified cleaning of all common areas, particularly high-touch areas like railings, tabletops and elevators is ongoing.
- Postings at all residential entrances warn anyone who feels ill and/or has traveled to any of the CDC Travel Watch countries not to enter.
- All staff, including pharmacy personnel, have completed travel questionnaires and undergo daily health screenings (temperature checks) before reporting to work.
- All health care companies providing personal care services are being required to follow similar precautionary protocols.
- All guests, including family members and volunteers, are prohibited from visiting The Meadows at Shannondell and Rehab at Shannondell for an undetermined period of time.
We continue to communicate daily with our medical directors, the Department of Health and are closely monitoring CDC guidelines. As conditions change, we will update our protocols and safeguards as necessary for the safety of all of those who live and work in our community and sister properties, including The Meadows at Shannondell, Rehab at Shannondell and The Club at Shannondell.
Should you have any questions, please call administration at 610.728.5200
Thank you and stay safe.
Please send me